Pages

Review: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation


I have been meaning to do this review for a while now, I actually don't know why it took me so long?! but here it is!



Description from Nars
''A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and build-able coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture. For normal, normal-to-dry and dry skin types. Hydrates for softer and smoother skin.Contains powerful anti-oxidants to protect against damaging free radicals and turmeric extract to improve skin's radiance and tone''
Packaging
The foundation comes in a a rectangular glass bottle with a black lid The lid can be pulled off to reveal a small twisty lid, this means in order to use the product you will need to pour it on the back of your hand or a palette - sigh. Now I'm sure many people who have used this product can agree with me when I say a pump would help because having to pour the product out can be wasteful.
Colour
I have used this foundation on myself and on clients of various shades, however to get the right complexion for some of my clients and myself I had to mix two of the foundation shades. Although, since I've moved to Australia I haven't needed to mix two shades, I have been okay with one shade which is the Trinidad shade. It also comes in 21 shades.


Application
I pour the product on the back of my hand and apply it using the Crownbrush Taklon Foundation Brush. However, François Nars actually recommends pouring the foundation in your palm and applying it with your hands. Its totally up to you, you do what you are comfortable with.

Formula
It is a water based foundation so give it a good shake before you use it. It does take a little while to set on the skin as its pretty liquidy. It also doesn't have SPF which works great for photography. 

Nars claims that the formula hydrates the skin, protects against damaging free radicals and improves skin radiance and tone. I have been using this foundation for a while and I haven't seen and benefits to my skin *shrugs*

Finish
It gives a nice satin-dewy finish. I have dry skin and oils need a little bit of help to look alive with makeup.

Coverage
It is a buildable product, so you can have sheer and full coverage. You have a lot of control with how much you can apply depending on your desire coverage.

Myself wearing Nars Sheer Glow in the shade Trinidad

Longevity 
I have used this foundation on myself on a hot day (see below) and it has stayed on all day without touch up. I also used this foundation in particular for a music video shoot for Rachel Kerr on a very, very hot day with filming lights all on her for hours and it did not melt! - I had to blot and powder a couple times but overall I was impressed

Makeup I did on Rachel Kerr for 'Hold my hand' music video, I used Nars Sheer Glow In trinidad
Price
It is $44AUSD/$26GBP  for 30ml of product from the Nars website. For that price they could have put a pump on the bottle! 

Rating: 8/10

Have you tried this foundation yet or will you be trying it? Let me know in the comments:)



1 comment :